INSTRUCTIONS for Visas and Passports
- 1. People willing to travel in India from all over the world need to have a valid passport and a valid Indian visa.
- 2. People from Nepal and Bhutan do not require Visa to enter India.
- 3. People from Maldives do not require Visa to enter in India for up to 90 days.
- 4. The Consular passport and Visa department of the Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for issuing Indian visas to Foreign Nationals for their visit to India.
- 5. Visa fees are non refundable and subject to change without notice.
Types of Visa with the duration till they are valid
|Serial No||Type||Duration||Documents Required|
|1.||Tourist Visa||Valid for 6 months||Documents supporting the financial background.|
|2.||Visa on Arrival||Only for citizens of Finland,Luxemberg,Singapore,New Zealand, Japan, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines,Indonesia and Myanmar.|
|3.||Transit Visa||Maximum for 15 days||Evidence of onward travel to a destination outside India|
|4.||Student Visa||For the duration of academic course of a study or for a period of 5 years whichever is less||Proof of admission to recognized University/Institutions in India|
|5.||Business Visa||One or more years||Letter from sponsoring organization.|
Visa application forms are available at Office of Indian Embassy. All applicants including children need to apply visa in separate Visa forms.
Instructions for Baggage allowance
- Baggage allowance is different for different airlines.
- The standard free baggage allowance is 30 kg for economy class in a government owned airline and 15 kg for economy class in a private airline.
- The normal free baggage allowance is 40 kg for first class in a government owned airline and 30 kg for first class in a private airline.
Instructions for Health issues
- If suffering from Cholera/Typhoid, innoculation is rcommended.
- Vaccination certificate is required for Yellow fever if arriving from an infected area with this disease.
- For Malaria, no certificate is required.
Instructions for drinking water
- Try not to use tap water as it is no purified for drinking.
- Stick to bottled mineral water.
Instructions for Airport Departure Tax
- You do not have to pay airport departure tax as it is generally included in the international ticket.